Day 5 Emma Gorge, eventually to camp at El Questro.

 I’m catching up with the blog here while an intrepid group of 6 are hiking up Emma Gorge. It’s a Grade5 hike, even though it’s only 1 1/2 kms, because of the boulders to negotiate. I’m disappointed in the descriptions of the walks - they didn’t tell us the degree of difficulty of most of them. I just know I could not do the really hard ones, but vegging at the place is good too.


Impressive cliffs of the Cockburn Range.
Crossing the Pentecost River I was expecting Ana actual bridge… but it’s a level crossing , a ford really. When it’s in flood there’s no way to get across.
Hopefully more later today.

Comments

  1. That sucks. Hopefully there are some good easier walks for you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5 finish and a bit of Day 6 - sunset over Pentecost River and Zebedee springs

Cruise Day 8 More art and a bonfire

Cruise Day 9 More rock art and last excursion